The CUSAT CAT Option registration starts from today onwards (24/05/2011).The Options can be Registered at www.cusat.nic.in . Instructions should be read throughly before filling the options at the Website.Marks of the Plus two should also be included in the Option registration.The admissions to the CUSAT will be strictlybased on the CAT Rank and the reservations.
The first allotement list will be out at June First week.And the admission will be given to them at the next week.next alottements will be at Thrid week of June and at the last week of june…
The qualified Students should bring Fees and Certificate to the allotement venue at Thrikkakara campus CUSAT.Those who got the allotements should enter even if they have not got the first option inorder for considerations to the higher options.
The Option registration for the LET Students will be from 24 th to June 5th.
Instructions for submitting Online Options
(For Btech Programmes , 5 Yr Integrated MSc Photonics and B Tech Lateral
Entry Programmes only)
1. Candidates should read carefully the instructions given below and
should take print out of the same before they proceed to submit Online
Option Registration. They are also requested to read thoroughly the
relevant topics of the prospectus for Academic Admissions 2011, which
can be downloaded from the web site www.cusat.nic.in in pdf format.
2. Submission of Online Options OR allotment granted based on the
options submitted by the candidate does not guarantee admission in the
University. Before option registration, candidates should satisfy
themselves that they fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed for the
Academic programme as mentioned in the online prospectus.(Please
read item no 17 below)
3. Candidates who wish to join for the B Tech programmes(both Regular
and Lateral Entry ) and 5 year Integrated MSc in Photonics programme
should invariably register their options on line
4. Candidates having a valid rank in the CAT 2011 are eligible for
registering their options online. The order in which the selections appear
in the list is the order of preference: i.e. the choice that comes first in
the list will be the first option.
5. Candidate can exercise as many options as he prefers.
6. For first year B tech programmes, candidates having “Kerallite” status
only are eligible for free seats (ie concessional rate of fees) in the School
of Engineering (SOE-Thrikkakkara campus), Kunjali Marakkar School of
Marine Engineering (Thrikkakkara campus) and in Cochin University
College of Engineering Kuttanadu (CECEK-Pulincunnoo campus).
Others are not eligible for free seats.
7. A candidate will be considered as a ‘Keralite’ for the limited purpose of
eligibility for admission, if
* He/She or his/her father/mother was born in Kerala OR
* He/She has been a resident of Kerala for a period of 5 years within a
period of 12 years OR
* He/She has undergone his/her school studies from standards VIII to
XII in educational institutions(s) in Kerala.
* Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non Keralites) allotted to
Kerala circle are deemed to be “Keralites’ (GO (Rt) No. 822/H.Edn
dated 29/05/2008). But they will not be eligible for
8. Candidates claiming the Keralite status should invariably produce at the
time of interview / admission, any one of the following certificates.
The certificate of Birth / Residence of the candidate or his/her
father or mother from the Village Officer / Tahsildar or from a
competent authority of local body,
The ‘Certificate showing school studies in Kerala from
Standards VIII to XII’ from the Head of School where the
candidate completed his / her study in Standard XII, OR
True copy of the relevant page of the SSLC of the candidate’s
father / mother showing the place of birth in Kerala with
corroborative evidence showing the relationship between the
candidate and the parent, OR
True copy of the relevant page of the passport of the candidate
or either of parents issued by the Government of India
showing place of birth in Kerala with corroborative evidence
showing the relationship between the parent and candidate,
True copy of birth certificate of candidate or his / her, father /
mother showing the place of birth in Kerala with corroborative
evidence showing the relationship between the candidate and
father / mother of whose birth certificate is being produced
For claiming Keralite-AIS (All India Service), certificate from competent
authority should be attached.
9. Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC)/Kerala
Scheduled Tribe (KST) and Other Eligibile Communities(OEC) need
to pay only the fees applicable to them as shown in Table given below.
They need not pay any additional fees even if they get admission in
payment category seats.
10. Fee details (To be paid at the time of admission.Provided in the pdf file)
11. Candidates can change or edit the Options once exercised by them till
the last date of online option registration, i.e. till 5.00 pm on 5-6-2011.
However, the online options stored in the University database as on the
date and time of closing of online option registration shall be final and
no further changes will be entertained after this. The options stored in
the University database only will be considered for further processing.
Based on the options submitted by candidates allotment will be made at
the time of counselling/admission.
12. As soon as a candidate gets allotment against a particular option, all his
lower options will be automatically cancelled. However, he/she shall be
eligible for automatic updation to his/her higher options unless he/she
cancels all his/her higher options in full in writing.
13. Once allotted to a particular branch, the candidate should confirm
his/her admission in that branch by submitting all the required
documents in original and by remitting the required fees on the specified
date of counseling/admission, failing which his/her allotment will be
cancelled without any intimation.
14. Candidates who do not confirm their admission by remitting the
required fee in full on the specified date of counseling/admission will
not be considered for any further updations based on his/her higher
options, if any. Hence candidates should take utmost care while
submitting their online options.
15. Cancellation of Higher options: Candidates who are satisfied
themselves with their status of being admitted in a particular branch
shall have the liberty to cancel all their higher options in full. Partial
cancellation of options is not permitted.
16. Cancellation of admission, for whatever reasons, will result in forfeiture
of all options exercised, if any, by the candidate.
17. Eligibility criteria: (refer pdf File )
18. How to register online options- step by step procedure
1) Take a print out of this instruction manual and read it carefully.
2) Candidates should take utmost care while submitting their options
3) Candidates should login using their Register no, Rollno and date of
4) If the details displayed here are in agreement with the details given by
the candidate in his online application he may proceed to create
his/her own password
5) Immediately after the first login candidates should invariably create
their own password. The password should be of minimum 8
characters and should include at least one digit and one special
character. Eg: abcde123#
6) The candidates may now click the link “Proceed to online option
registration” . They will now be requested to login again using their
new password created in last step.
7) Candidates should now login again using their register no, roll no,
date of birth and the password they created in the previous step .
Soon they will be navigated to the option registration window.
8) Maintaining the confidentiality of the password and other login
details shall be the responsibility of the candidate alone. If the
candidate forgets his/her password he/she should report before the
Director, IRAA along with the parent or guardian for personal identity
verification by producing a valid photo identity proof.
9) After successful login the candidate can add his/her options from the
box on the left side of the screen by clicking the “ADD” button.
10) The selected options will be displayed in the box on the right side in
the order of preference. The order of preference can be changed by
clicking the button “Move Up” or “Move Down” .
11) The selected options can be removed by clicking the “Remove”
12) After choosing all the required options click the “Submit” button.
Then a preview of the options registered by the candidate will be
13) If the candidate is satisfied with the options exercised by him/her as
displayed in the preview he/she may click the “Confirm” button to
finalize his/her options. Otherwise the candidate can navigate back to
the previous screen for making any changes by clicking the “Back”
14) Now the candidate can take print out of the options confirmed by
him/her for his/her reference.
15) The candidates should logout and close the session after taking
16) All disputes related to CAT-2011 option registration/counseling/
admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of courts at Kochi only.