Event Name : Startup Summit.
Event Date : 19 and 20 of October, 2013.
Venue : School of Engineering CUSAT
Organizers : CITTIC , CUSAT.
First of a kind event bridging students-ideas-investors.Along with 40+ companies internship fair .The event is a startup pitching platform as well as an internship drive at one. The event is held under CITTIC which is a newly formed organization under CUSAT to support student entrepreneurship skills and help them interact with companies and their technologies.
The event is scheduled on 19 and 20 of October, 2013.
On the first day, the initial rounds of idea pitching would take place. The companies pitch for a bounty. Pitches would get to the final level on the second day and the best pitch would be rewarded afterwards. The startup pitches are being judged according to a number of criteria. Feasibility, marketability, prototype, etc are some of the criterion being considered.
It is by keeping in mind the internship requirements of both companies and students, the Internship drive is designed. Participation of about 1000-1500 students would give the companies a wide range to choose from. Internship drive would happen in parallel with the pitching event. About 30+ companies are expected to take part in the event while close to 100-150 students would find internship opportunities. At Startup summit, a number of investors, not less than thirty, are expected to be present at the venue, which gives the students and their ideas great opportunities to find investment and expand their business.
- Registration is a must for attending and participating in the event. Registrations can be done at the spot.
- Round 1: Participants must submit an initial abstract of their idea which is subject to scrutiny by the panel of judges.
- Round 2: A presentation lasting for 3.5 minutes, in which the participants must convince the judges about their idea
- Round 3: Question & Answers session
- Official declaration of results.
visit : http://startupsummit.in
Vimal Gopal M.
Publicity and Relations Manager: