in

Water reservoir of CUSAT is Ready

The Reservior was Inaugrated on Friday by CUSAT pro- vice chancellor Dr K Poulose Jacob

CUSAT Rain harvesting Pond. Photo Courtesy : Ullas G kalappura

The water reservoir with heavy storage capacity of 3,36,00,000 litre of water capacity is over and ready for inauguration in the Cochin university of science and technology (CUSAT) campus.

The water reservoir, made in 55 cents of land at a total expenditure of Rs 1,77,00,000 would meet 80 % of the total requirement of daily water consumption at the campus. “For the rest of 20 % water need, the university would take water from Kerala Water Authority,” said David Peter, registrar, CUSAT

 

With this, the university expects a cut of Rs 0.75 crores in the non- plan expenditure. The present water resources in the campus are, a natural pond in front of department of Biotechnology, two wells near Athidhi Bhavan and 6 bore wells in an around. Daily requirement of water in the campus is 10 lakh of liters, according to Cusat’s engineering department. The newly built Cusat reservoir is funded by University Grants Commission (UGC) that is providing 85 % of the total expenditure.

News : TNN | Preetu Nair

Super Admin ✪

Written by Super Admin ✪

Official account for CX Posts.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

Loading…

0

Postponement of the Examinations scheduled for 26th June 2017

CUSAT Stock Image : pexels.com

CUSAT enters joint venture for skill acquisition programmes

Back to Top
Close Create

You're currently offline

Log In

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

To use social login you have to agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.