Welcome to CUSAT Academic Admissions 2010
v All candidates who wish to apply for Academic Admission 2010 of CUSAT are advised to read carefully the CAT 2010 Notification published in the leading dailies and CUSAT website www.cusat.ac.in or admission website www.cusat.nic.in.
v Candidates are advised to read thoroughly all sections of the Key Information.
v All Candidates applying for Common Admission Test 2010 should submit their applications online. International students and those applying for the B.Tech Lateral Entry programme should also submit their applications online. For PhD/MPhil/ MA Translation-German & Russian / Diploma/Certificate programmes application can be had from the concerned departments. (see course of study)
v Candidates are required to fill in all details correctly viz. SC/ST, Communal /Special Reservation, etc. failing which any claim under the said categories will not be considered during ranking/admissions.
v Confirmation page without the University’s copy of the fee paid chalan will be rejected.
v Any error in the entries made during online registration leading to the rejection of the application shall be the sole responsibility of the candidate himself/herself. Hence the online registration form must be filled with utmost care and attention without making any errors.
v Check the eligibility criteria for the course(s) offered by CUSAT, and accordingly choose the course you wish to apply for. Candidates must satisfy themselves that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course(s) they apply for before submitting their online application.
v Details about the total amount of Application Fee to be paid, is available under Application Fee.
v In the Online Registration Form all the fields marked with ‘ * ’ are mandatory/required fields. If these fields are left blank you will not be able to submit
the Application Form and register.
v Selections from the Drop-Down Menus can be made by clicking Mouse/using the ENTER button.
v Now you may proceed to register Online. To do this you may click on the appropriate links provided on the Right Hand side of the front page. On clicking these links the “APPLICATION FORM FOR ACADEMIC ADMISSIONS 2010” page will appear in which candidates need to furnish the following details.
- NAME OF THE CANDIDATE: Enter your name as in class X certificate of Board/University. (ENGLISH CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY).
- NAME OF MOTHER: Enter your Mother’s Name as in class X certificate of Board/University. (ENGLISH CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY).
- OCCUPATION OF MOTHER: Select occupation of your Mother from the Drop Down Menu.
- NAME OF FATHER: Enter the name of your Father as in class X certificate of Board/University. (ENGLISH CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY)
- OCCUPATION OF FATHER: Select occupation of your Father from the Drop Down Menu.
- DATE OF BIRTH: Enter Candidate’s Date of Birth using the Calendar given on the right side of the field.
- AGE: Enter candidate’s age. The age should agree with the date of birth furnished above.
- GENDER: Select Gender from the Drop Down Menu.
- NATIONALITY: Select Nationality from the Drop Down Menu.
- STATE: Select State to which the candidate belongs from the Drop Down Menu. See notes on Keralites.
- PERMANENT ADDRESS: Enter your Permanent Address. (Your House No. /Name, Street address, State etc.)
- COMMUNICATION ADDRESS: Enter your Communication address.
- PIN CODE: Enter pin code.
- PHONE NUMBER WITH STD CODE: Enter your Telephone Number with STD Code, if any
- MOBILE NUMBER: Enter your Mobile Number, if any
- E-MAIL ID: Enter your active e-mail ID, if any
- CASTE/COMMUNITY: Select your Caste/Community from the Drop Down Menu. Only the Castes/Communities, which are eligible for Communal Reservation as per Kerala Government Rules, are given in the Drop Down Menu.
- ANNUAL FAMILY INCOME: Select Annual Family Income (range) from the Drop Down Menu.
- Click “NEXT” button to proceed.
- SPECIAL RESERVATION: Select Special Reservation Category/Categories applicable to the courses for which you wish to apply and for which you are eligible. (E.g.: -NRI reservation is applicable only for B.Tech courses and if you select this you are required to remit Rs.5000/- in addition to normal application fee)
- ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION: Select your Eligibility Qualification carefully from the Drop Down List for the course/courses, which you wish to apply.
- COURSE APPLYING FOR: Select the course applying for from the Drop Down Menu. If you wish to apply for more than one course select “OTHERS”.
- SUBSIDIARY SUBJECTS: If you are a Graduate you should select the subsidiary subjects of your degree correctly from the Menu. If it is more than one main system enter the other two as subsidiaries. This field is not visible if the eligibility qualification is Plus-two/ equivalent.
- PROGRAMES TO WHICH ADMISSION ARE SOUGHT: This field is visible only if the Course Applying For is “Others”. You may select one or more of the Programmes to which you seek admission if they are compatible with the Eligibility Qualification entered earlier. There is only one test for all branches of B.Tech programmes and 5 year Integrated MSc in Photonics. Similarly there is only one test for all Management Programmes viz. MBA FT&PT;, MBAIB, MBATT.
- TEST CENTRE: Select test centre from the Drop Down Menu. Test Centre once selected cannot be changed under any circumstance.
- TEST SUBJECT: The test subjects for CAT 2010 that are compatible with the Academic Programmes
chosen are displayed and you may select the necessary test subject from the list. Not applicable for Plus-two level candidates.
- Click “NEXT” button to proceed or “PREVIOUS” button to go back.
- FEE DETAILS: Specify the name of the bank where you intend to remit the registration fee.
- Now you may press the “SUBMIT” button for a preview of the details you entered. You should satisfy yourself that all the required details have been entered correctly in the online form.
- If any entries are incorrect /missing, press the “BACK” button for going back to the particular form for necessary corrections.
- If the candidate is satisfied with the entries, press the “CONFIRM”, button for completing the registration process.
- Candidate should note down the Registration Number displayed. Now Press the “DOWNLOAD YOUR CHALAN & CONFIRMATION PAGE” button and take printouts. Candidate may SAVE a copy for future reference.
- Put your signature and thumb impression in the space provided on the Confirmation Page. Paste candidate’s recent passport size colour photograph taken not before 01-01-2010 on the confirmation page. Mention the candidate’s registration number, name and date of birth on the backside of the photograph before pasting. Remit the required fee at the bank selected by the candidate using the fee chalan already downloaded. Mention the Journal Number obtained from the bank in the space provided for the same on the confirmation page.
- Send the duly filled Confirmation Page along with the University copy of the fee paid chalan (Fee remittance slip) to the “Director, IRAA Unit, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin University P.O., Cochin 682 022 so as to reach on or before 19-02-2010.
- On receipt of the duly filled and signed Confirmation Page, along with the University copy of the fee paid chalan in the University, your application will be processed. You may verify the approval status of your application in this website by providing your Registration Number and Date of Birth. Your application status will be displayed on this web site in due course.
WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK FOR THE EXAMS