DATES OF THE ROBOTICS AT XPLENDOR 2010
- Day 1,Thursday 21 January 2010 , Morning 07:00 am – Robotics workshop in Marine Campus (Kunjali marakar Institute of Marine Tecnology)
- Day 2,Friday 22 January 2010 Morning 09:00 am (Cont’d) – Robotics workshop in Marine Campus (Kunjali marakar Institute of Marine Tecnology)
- Day 3,Friday 23 January 2010 Morning 07:00 am (Cont’d) – Robotics workshop in Marine Campus (Kunjali marakar Institute of Marine Tecnology)
WORKSHOP ON ROBOTICS
The robotics workshop at Xplendor’10 will be practical hands on experience. Where in Students will be provided with robotic kits. The experts at Xplendor 2010 will guide students throughout the robot fabricating procedures. Students will learn skills ranging from electronics, mechanics, controls, programming. At the end of Workshop Problem statements of various international/national Robotic Competitions discussed broadly.
MODULES OF WORKSHOP
Workshop modules are well designed as per student requirement. Basic level workshops are designed for the beginners as well as higher-level workshops contains sophisticated technology like vision, Ai, Control & Sensing etc.
- i mobot – Line tracing robot
Description : ( 16 hrs of theory and practical )
1.This module will start with Basic of the Robotics.
2. Anyone with or without any prior knowledge of Robotics can take part in this workshop.
3. This is generally aimed at beginners to make them aware of what Robotics is and to create interest in the participants.
4. Participants will be trained on preparing a very basic Robot which will be operated manually through a Remote Control.
5. The same Robot will then made automated line tracing Robot.
Charges – Rs.1200 /- per head ( Non-Cusat students ) ,Rs 1050 /-per head ( Cusat students )
- u sobot- Microcontroller Based Intelligent Robotics
Description: ( 16 hrs of theory and practical )
1. This module will deal with designing circuits for the microcontrollers and programming them for GRID tracing and wall sensing.
2. Participants for this workshop should have prior knowledge of basics of Robotics.
3. This workshop is aimed at training people to make use of microcontrollers.
4. Participants will be trained on how to program a robot for a specific problem statement and selection of circuitry.
5. This will also include training on trouble shooting a Robot.
Charges – Rs.1350 /- per head (Non-Cusat students ) ,Rs 1200 /-per head ( Cusat students )
Description: ( Duration – 8 hrs,Cost- Rs.800 per person )
These Systems are the Computer based systems where software performs tasks as similar to “seeing”, usually aimed to industrial quality assurance, part selection, defect detection etc.
Description : ( Duration – 8 hrs,Cost- Rs.800 per person )
The main objective of this module to educate Robotic Arm ,control software, kinematics, dynamics etc. This is a basic platform for the students to understand the concepts of robotic manipulation and the power of kinematics algorithms for certain applications and can be applied in many fields such as research, education, industry, entertainment etc.
1. Any above modules can be selected by participant.
2. Two modules with maximum number of registrations will be conducted.
3. Participating as a team of minimum four members.
4. The team need not necessarily comprise of students from the same class or college.
5. The teams Must Register for the workshop before 20 January 2010.
6. Robotic kit will be provided only one per team.
For Further Queries:
Special Thanks to www.xplendor.org