These are some of the Frequently asked Questions (FAQ) about CUSAT CAT (Common admission test ) published in CUSAT’s Official Site.Hope you guys will find it useful.
- Now that the CAT results have come, what am I to do next?
Next procedure will be online registration of preferred options (Option
Registration) and registration of the +2 marks obtained, if you are an applicant for B. Tech courses. .
PG students do not have to do option registration. For them, centralized
counseling will be done at CUSAT campus after the publication of BA./ BSc
results of universities of Kerala.
For courses with GD/ Interview, the next step will be to appear for these on dates to be announced by respective departments. The students called for
GD./Interview will be published in the website www.cusat.nic.in
- I am Lateral Entry candidate. How do I proceed further for getting admission?
You have to register online at www.cusat.nic.in when the option registration is started. The dates will be announced in the news papers. You can also keep
updated by visiting the website.
- I have **** rank. What is my chance of getting admission to ****** course?
For all such queries please Follow this Link
- I am already in the rank list. Do I need to do online option registration?
Yes, if you would like to be considered for allotment and admission at CUSAT.
Other wise you will forfeit your right to admission.
- How do I do online registration?
Please visit website www.cusat.nic.in for online option registration and
registration of +2 marks obtained. This will start after the publication of +2
- Will students be informed individually of the counseling details?
No. All relevant information/ announcement will be through the web site only. Students are advised to keep updated.
- When do I have to come to CUSAT for counseling?
After the online registration of options, the University will make allotment based on your CAT rank and reservation category and publish it on the website. Those who have been given allotment must come to CUSAT for taking admission ie for making payment and verification of certificates. These dates will be pre announced on the net.
- I do not see my name in the allotment list. Should I come to University now?
No. your name does not figure in the list because there are other higher rank
students in the queue. You need not come to university till you are allotted any of your options.
- I have been allotted one of my lower options. I do not like to take it and want to wait for the allotment of my best choice. Can I do that?
Definitely Not!. If any ONE of your options has been allotted to you, you
MUST come and take admission Only this will keep your right for automatic up
gradation to your higher options. Once you get admitted to any one of your
choices, all the lower options will be cancelled. If you do not come and accept
the allotted admission, you will be deleted from the rank list.
- How much time do I get to come and take admission?
After the online allotment, two days will be fixed for joining. These dates will be pre-announced on the net. Students have to come prepared with all the relevant documents and required fees any time during these days, failing which they will be removed from the rank list.
- What documents do I have to carry with me at the time of admission?
1. The TC,
+2 Mark list,
+ 2 Pass certificate,
10th Mark list,
10th Pass certificate,
Birth certificate for all general category students.
2. For Keralite students- proof of keralite status to be produced ( Birth certificate of either of parents/ Passport of either of parents/ school study proof of students etc (For details see P. 62 of Academic Handbook on the net
3. For reservation students – caste or special – relevant documentary proof and income certificate ( Not creamy layer certificate) wherever necessary are to be produced. For Sports quota and Navy Cadets, relevant document are to be produced.
- How much money do I have to carry?
Please see the fee schedule given in the Academic Hand Book P.85. (Follow this
- Can I cancel my higher options?
Yes, you can cancel you higher option by submitting a request in writing to the
Director, IRAA any time after taking admission for any of the courses. Since up
gradation to higher options is an automated process, you have specifically cancel your higher options if you plan to continue with the current allotment.
Remember you can only cancel the higher option as a whole and NOT
- How can I cancel my admission? How much money will loose?
You can cancel you admission any time after taking admission provided you give the request in writing to the Principal/ Head of the Department. Depending on when you are discontinuing the relevant refund rules (P. 90) will be applicable.