India4EU II provides scholarships for Indian students for the study of undergraduate, master, doctoral, postdoctoral and staff levels. India4EU II is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project is organized by the partnership of some of the most prestigious universities in Europe and India. European Commission funds this project. Total 126 scholarships are available for Indian nationals to pursue studies at one of the European partner universities. The scholarships will cover subsistence allowances, travel costs, tuition/registration fees and insurance costs from 1 to 34 months depending on the level and type of mobility. The first call will close on February 18th 2013.
Study Subject(s): The project offers mobility opportunities in the following study areas as defined by the European Commission:
- Agricultural Sciences (01)
- Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning (02)
- Business Studies and Management Sciences (04)
- Education, Teacher Training (05)
- Engineering, Technology (06)
- Geography, Geology (07)
- Law (10)
- Natural Sciences (13)
- Social Sciences (14)
Course Level: India4EU II provides scholarships for undergraduate, master, doctorate, post-doctorate and staff levels of study.
Scholarship Provider: European Union
Scholarship can be taken at: Europe
Eligibility: -You must be national of India
- You must not have resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting your application to the partnership.
- You must not have already benefited from a scholarship for the same type of mobility under an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project. You cannot benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
- You can apply for an Undergraduate programme if you are attending a first cycle Higher education programme (Bachelor or equivalent); or you obtained a diploma for accessing university studies.
- You can apply for a Master programme if, you are attending a second cycle Higher education programme (Master or equivalent); or you have completed three years of university education or you already obtained a Bachelor degree from an Indian University.
- You can apply for a Doctorate programme if, you are attending a doctorate programme; or you already obtained a Master degree from an indian University.
- You can apply for a Post-doctorate programme if you obtained a doctorate degree from an Indian University and you would like to continue your study/research abroad.
- You can apply for a Staff programme if you are working as Academic or Administrative staff in an Indian university.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Indian students can apply for the scholarships.
Scholarship Description: India4EU II is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project funded by the European Commission and organized by a Partnership of some of the most prestigious universities in Europe and India. The project builds on the success of India4EU. India4EU II provides scholarships to nationals of India to spend a mobility period in Europe on a wide variety of academic fields at different levels of study (Undergraduate, Master, Doctorate, Post-Doctorate and Staff). The scholarships cover subsistence allowances, travel costs, tuition/registration fees and insurance costs. The project launched a call for a First Cohort of mobilities on 30th November 2012. Don’t miss your opportunity to apply and live an enriching experience on both the personal and professional levels! India4EU II provides scholarships for students, researchers and staff from India in order to study, do research, training or teaching at one of the European Universities of the Partnership. Scholarships are not available for mobility from Europe to India, nor among the Indian universities.
Number of awards offered: 126 scholarships are available .
Duration of award(s): Scholarship durations are from 1 to 34 months depending on the level and type of mobility.
What does it cover? The scholarship includes a monthly subsistence allowance paid by the Partnership for the duration of the mobility period:
-Undergraduate – 1,000 euro
-Master- 1,000 euro
-Doctorate- 1,500 euro
-Post-doctorate- 1,800 euro
-Academic/Administrative Staff- 2,500 euro.
Included in the scholarship, the Partnership will also:
– pay for your travel costs (maximum 2,000 euro);
– provide you with a high quality individual insurance coverage on health, travel, accident for the duration of your mobility period;
– cover all university fees at the hosting universities.
-Participants at any level will not be required to pay any fees to the host universities. Exchange students will continue paying their fees at their university of origin.
Notification: Students will be notified within 3 months of the call closing.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae and names of 2 references by email.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The 1st call for applications is open from November 30, 2012 to February 18, 2013.