New Academic year,New Hope,New students,New freshers,… everything new…… as this academic years starts with freshers becoming seniors and seniors becoming SENIORS and SENIORS becoming Super Seniors…So lets Welcome our Juniors .. lets make them aware what is CUSAT… and Why they shouldn’t miss the opportunity to study in this great campus !!.. in this post you will find every info officially released about the CAT 2011 CUSAT… the information related to CUSAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST 2011.
Who can Apply for CAT 2011 -CUSAT
All academic admissions are based on the merit of the applicants as determined through an admission test conducted for the purpose subject to satisfying other prescribed eligibility criteria. (See section on “Eligibility Criteria”). Foreign nationals are exempted from the above requirement of writing the admission test (See section on “International Students”). Students who have passed the qualifying examination (prescribed under ‘Eligibility Criteria’) shall be eligible to apply for the CAT. All UGC specified Degrees, Diplomas etc. awarded by the UGC approved statutory Universities are recognized by the University for admission to courses. However, distance education courses will be considered as recognized only if they are further approved by the Distance Education Council, New Delhi, also. However, students who have passed all the courses except those prescribed for the final year / semester of the qualifying degree / diploma / certificate may be considered for admission if they have appeared or are appearing for all the examinations in the courses of the final year / semester of the qualifying degree / diploma / certificate. (This provision is not applicable to the students appearing for compartmental / improvement examinations.) Such candidates have to produce at the time of Group Discussion / Interview / Counseling, whichever is held earlier, the original mark lists of all relevant and previous, (including the penultimate) examinations, the Transfer Certificate and a Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended that they have completed the programme of study and have appeared or are appearing for all the examinations in the courses of the final year / semester of the qualifying degree / diploma / certificate and that their results are awaited, failing which they will not be permitted to attend the Group Discussion / Interview / Counseling as the case may be. If such students admitted to a programme of study in the University fail to attain the prescribed eligibility for admission before the date of registration for the regular I semester examination of the programme to which they were granted admission, they shall not be permitted to continue the programme and shall be summarily removed from the rolls of the University. These concessions shall not be applicable to students who have failed in their qualifying examination or who have failed to acquire the required percentage of marks and subsequently have appeared for supplementary / improvement examination(s). However, for admissions to all B.Tech/5 year Integrated M.Sc. in Photonics, and 5 year B.B.A. LL.B (Hons.) programmes, the mark list obtained in the qualifying examination has to be produced invariably at the time of admission. Those who fail to produce mark list shall not be considered for admission.
Admission to the B.Tech programmes of the University for those, who pass the Plus Two or equivalent qualifying examination in subsequent chances in the same year, shall be governed by the current rules prescribed in the matter by the Government of Kerala.
Courses of Study
- Civil Engg.
- Computer Science & Engg.
- Electrical & Electronics Engg.
- Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engg. and
- Naval Architecture & Ship Building
- Safety & Fire Engg.
- Instrumentation Technology**
- Marine Engg.***
Reservation of seats :
- For kerala students 50% seats reserved ( Free seats on the basis of CUSAT 2011 score )
- For other states 40% seats reserved ( Payment seats on the basis CUSAT 2011 score ), except in 3 branches 10% seats reserved for Naval,Polymer,ICE
please refer to : http://cusat.nic.in/keyinfo-list.htm
Please refer : http://cusat.nic.in/keyinfo-Fees.htm
Important Dates for CUSAT CAT 2011
|1||Date of CAT 2011 Exam||2nd April 2011|
|2||Date of commencement of online registration for CAT 2011||15th January 2011|
|3||Last date for online registration for CAT||4th February 2011|
|4||Last date for remittance of registration fee at the bank counter||7th February 2011|
|5||Last date for receipt of duly filled confirmation page (downloaded after online registration) along with University copy of the chalan and passport size photograph and self attested copies of certificates to prove reservations claimed, if any, by hand / speed post /registered post / courier in the Office of THE DIRECTOR, IRAA UNIT, COCHIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (CUSAT), KOCHI – 682022.||10th February 2011|
|6||Date of Downloading the Admit Card from the University website||15th March to 3rd April 2011|
Time Table of CUSAT CAT 2011
|CAT Exam: 02/04/2011||Test Code||Test(Subject)|
|09:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||101||Mathematics|
|11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.||101||Physics & Chemistry|
How to Register Online For CAT 2011-Step by Step Procedure
v All candidates who wish to apply for Academic Admission 2011 of CUSAT are advised to read carefully the CAT 2011 Notification published in the leading dailies and CUSAT website www.cusat.ac.in or admission website www.cusat.nic.in.
v Candidates are advised to read thoroughly all sections of the “Key Information”.
v All Candidates applying for Common Admission Test 2011 should submit their applications online. International students and those applying for the B.Tech Lateral Entry programme should also submit their applications online. For PhD/M Tech/MPhil/ MA Translation-German & Russian / Diploma/Certificate programmes application can be had from the concerned Departments.(see course of study)
v Upon successful submission of the on-line application for CAT-2011,candidates should download three important document,viz,CONFIRMATION PAGE ,FEE CHALAN AND CHECK LIST.
v Communal/Special reservation claim not mentioned by the candidate in the on-line application form during on-line registration will not be considered under any circumstances. Therefore candidates should fill in all details such as communal/special reservation with utmost care
v Any error in the entries made by the candidate during online registration leading to the rejection of the application shall be the responsibility of the candidate alone. Hence the online registration form must be filled with utmost care and attention without any errors.
v Confirmation page incomplete in any respect as per the ‘Check List ‘ will be rejected.
v Reservation claims not supported by self attested copies of required certificates as mentioned in the ‘check list’ will not be considered.Such application will be considered only in the GENERAL category for ranking/admission.
v Check the eligibility criteria for the course(s) offered by CUSAT, and accordingly choose the course you wish to apply for. Candidates must satisfy themselves that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course(s) they apply for before submitting their online application.
v Details about the total amount of Application Fee to be paid, is available under Application Fee.
v In the Online Registration Form all the fields marked with ‘ * ’ are mandatory/required fields. If these fields are left blank you will not be able to submit the Application Form and register.
v Selections from the Drop-Down Menus can be made by clicking Mouse/using the ENTER button.
v Now you may proceed to register Online. To do this you may click on the appropriate links provided on the Right Hand side of the front page. On clicking these links the “APPLICATION FORM FOR ACADEMIC ADMISSIONS 2011” page will appear in which candidates need to furnish the following details.There are three separate links viz (i) Indian and NRI students(other than Lateral Entry)(ii) International Candidates (iii)B Tech Lateral entry candidates(for Diploma holders)
- NAME OF THE CANDIDATE: Enter your name as in class 10th certificate of Board/University. (ENGLISH CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY).
- NAME OF MOTHER: Enter your Mother’s Name as in class 10th certificate of Board/University. (ENGLISH CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY).
- OCCUPATION OF MOTHER: Select occupation of your Mother from the Drop Down Menu.
- NAME OF FATHER: Enter the name of your Father as in class 10th certificate of Board/University. (ENGLISH CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY)
- OCCUPATION OF FATHER: Select occupation of your Father from the Drop Down Menu.
- DATE OF BIRTH: Enter Candidate’s Date of Birth using the Calendar given on the right side of the field.
- AGE:Enter candidate’s age (completed years) as on Jan 1st 2011. The age should agree with the date of birth furnished above.
- GENDER: Select Gender from the Drop Down Menu.
- NATIONALITY: Select Nationality from the Drop Down Menu.
- STATE: Select State to which the candidate belongs from the Drop Down Menu. See notes on Keralites.
- PERMANENT ADDRESS: Enter your Permanent Address. (Your House No. /Name, Street address, State etc.)
- COMMUNICATION ADDRESS: Enter your Communication address.
- PIN CODE: Enter pin code.
- PHONE NUMBER WITH STD CODE: Enter your Telephone Number with STD Code, if any
- MOBILE NUMBER: Enter your Mobile Number, if any
- E-MAIL ID: Enter your active e-mail ID, if any
- CASTE/COMMUNITY: Select your Caste/Community from the Drop Down Menu. Only the Castes/Communities, which are eligible for Communal Reservation as per Kerala Government Rules, are given in the Drop Down Menu. In the case of OBH/OBX category mention whether you are eligible for OEC benefits. If you claim any communal reservation, mention whether you are a child of inter-caste married couple (attach self attested copies of relevant documents).
- ANNUAL FAMILY INCOME: Select Annual Family Income (range) from the Drop Down Menu (attach self attested copies of relevant documents).
- Click “NEXT” button to proceed.If you are not navigated to the next page, check whether there is any error message displayed in red color on the right side of any field. Rectify errors, if any, and proceed.
- SPECIAL RESERVATION: Select Special Reservation Category/Categories applicable to the courses for which you wish to apply and for which you are eligible. (E.g.: -NRI reservation is applicable only for B.Tech courses and if you select this you are required to remit Rs.5000/- in addition to normal application fee)
- ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION: Select your Eligibility Qualification carefully from the Drop Down List for the course/courses, which you wish to apply.
- COURSE APPLYING FOR: Select the course applying for from the Drop Down Menu.
- SUBSIDIARY SUBJECTS: If you are a Graduate you should select the subsidiary subjects of your degree correctly from the Menu. If it is more than one main system enter the other two as subsidiaries. This field is not visible if the eligibility qualification is Plus-two/ equivalent.
- PROGRAMES TO WHICH ADMISSION ARE SOUGHT: This field is visible only if the Course Applying For is “Others”. You may select one or more of the Programmes to which you seek admission if they are compatible with the Eligibility Qualification entered earlier. There is only one test for all branches of B.Tech programmes and 5 year Integrated MSc in Photonics. Similarly there is only one test for all Management Programmes viz. MBA FT&PT, MBAIB, MBATT.
- TEST CENTRE: Select test centre from the Drop Down Menu. Test Centre once selected cannot be changed under any circumstance.
- TEST SUBJECT: The test subjects for CAT 2011 that are compatible with the Academic Programmes chosen are displayed and you may select the necessary test subject from the list. Not applicable for Plus-two level candidates.
- Click “NEXT” button to proceed or “PREVIOUS” button to go back.
- PAYMENT DETAILS: Specify the name of the bank where you intend to remit the registration fee.
- Now you may press the “SUBMIT” button for a preview of the details you entered. You should satisfy yourself that all the required details have been entered correctly in the online form.
- If any entries are incorrect /missing, press the “BACK” button for going back to the to the relevant page for necessary corrections.
- If the candidate is satisfied with the entries, press the “CONFIRM”, button for completing the registration process.
- Candidate should note down the Registration Number displayed. Now Press the “DOWNLOAD CONFIRMATION PAGE, FEE CHALAN & CHECK LIST” button and take printouts. Candidate may SAVE a copy for future reference.
- Put your signature, thumb impression and parent’s/guardian’s signature in the space provided on the Confirmation Page. Paste candidate’s recent passport size colour photograph (taken not before 01/01/2011) on the confirmation page. Mention the candidate’s registration number, name and date of birth on the backside of the photograph before pasting. Remit the required fee at the bank selected by the candidate using the fee chalan already downloaded. Mention the Journal Number obtained from the bank in the space provided for the same on the confirmation page.
- Send the duly filled Confirmation Page along with the University copy of the fee paid chalan (Fee remittance slip), ‘Check List’ and the self attested copies of all the required certificates/documents as mentioned in the ‘check list’ to the “The Director, IRAA Unit, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin University P.O., Cochin, Kerala. PIN – 682 022” so as to reach on or before 10-02-2011.
- On receipt of the duly filled and signed Confirmation Page, along with the University copy of the fee paid chalan, ‘Check List’ and all the required certificate/documents as per the ‘check list’ in the University, your application will be processed. You may verify the approval status of your application in this website by providing your Registration Number and Date of Birth. Your application status will be displayed on this web site in due course.
DOWNLOAD and APPLY FOR CAT 2011 CUSAT NOW!!
Cochin University of Science and Technology
Cochin University P.O
Kochi – 682 022, Kerala, India.
Phone: + 91 – 484 – 2577100, 2575959
Fax: 0484 – 2577688