Cochin University of Science and Technology, CUSAT was placed among the Best Universities in the World at the Ranking of Times Higher Education. CUSAT ranked 801 in World’s best Universities Ranking 2016-2017.
CUSAT is one among the 31 institutions in the country, and the only one in Kerala, to be ranked in the global survey. Lets see Some interesting facts
- Overall, there are 31 institutions, including 14 new names, from the country in the list of 980. The Indian Institute of Science-Banglore (IISc) was adjudged the best among the Indian institutions.
- IIT-Bombay, IIT-Delhi, IIT-Kanpur and IIT Madras (ranked 401-500); and IIT-Kharagpur and IIT-Roorkee (ranked 501-600) are some of the leading institutes in the country that found a place in the ranking.
- A total of 19 institutions from India are among the top 800, and 12 in the 801-980 band.
- However, there is no Indian university in the top-200 list.
- No other Universities from Kerala got Featured.
There has not been any official communication in this regard,” said Cusat vice-chancellor J Letha. Though Cusat’s rank is 801+, it gathers significance considering the fact that it has been ranked in a global survey of the best institutions,” added Letha. Source : NewIndianExpress
University of Oxford snatches top spot from Caltech in this year’s World University Rankings as Asia’s rise continues
See the Ranking Page here : The TimesHigher Education